Human Resources and Payroll

Benefits

 

 

COVA High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP)

 

 

 

 

COVA HDHP is the result of 2005 General Assembly legislation. The plan year deductible is $1750 for one person and $3500 for two or more people that must be met before the plan pays. These deductibles comply with IRS guidelines for a plan to be considered a High Deductible Health Plan. The deductible applies to your medical, behavioral health and prescription drug benefits. Once the deductible is met, you pay 20% coinsurance for most covered services, and the plan pays the remaining 80%.

 

When two or more people are covered, the entire $3500 deductible must be met before the plan pays any expenses for any one person covered under the plan.

 

COVA HDHP does include many wellness and preventive services at no cost, even if you have not yet met your deductible for the plan year, including diagnostic and preventive dental.  You may elect an expanded dental option for an additional premium, which would cover primary and complex dental and orthodontic services.  The dental benefits are provided by Delta Dental.

 

Enrollment in the COVA HDHP allows you to set up an individual Health Savings Account (HSA) through a bank or other financial institution. An HSA is a tax-favored account that allows you to make tax-deductible contributions that can be used to pay for medical expenses. For more information please see the Anthem BC/BS website and click on the COVA HDHP link.