At the planning stage?
Here are some things to keep in mind as you plan to grow your family.
Welcoming a new child?
Daniela Wheat is all smiles in her Mason gear including her Mason Needleworks Hat (left)
(Daniela's proud parents are Catalina and Alan Wheat)
Alex (right) is celebrating College Colors Day in his new hand crafted Mason Needleworks hat.
(Alex's proud parents are Grigori Maxiutin and Elena Cirmizi)
Whether you're becoming a parent for the first, second, third or more time, it's always helpful to have a list of online resources and websites that can help you as you welcome your newest family member. If you have any questions about how your Mason benefits package can be of assistance to you at this special time, please call the HR & Payroll Customer Service Center at (703) 993-2600 and ask to speak to a member of the Benefits Team.
- New Parent Checklist
- Supervisor Guide
- Lactation Resources
- Working Mothers Support Group
- Healthy Beginnings (formerly Future Moms) - Please see the Healthy Beginning section of the MyActiveHealth flyer.
- The Adventure of a Lifetime (Kaiser Permanente)
- Prenatal Care Visit Schedule (Kaiser Permanente)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) available through COVA Care, COVA HealthAware and Kaiser Permanente (Includes a range of resources)
- Flexible Reimbursement Accounts (Medical and Dependent Care)
- Adding Your Child to Your Health Insurance
- Child care resources are available on the work/life website
- Health and Nutrition Information for Pregnant and Breast Feeding Women (U.S. Department of Agriculture)
- Johnson & Johnson Baby Care Library
- Putting Your Baby to Sleep Safely (Prevent Child Abuse Virginia (PCAV)
- A Parent's Guide to Choosing Safe and Healthy Child Care (U.S. Department of Health & Human Services)
- Adventures in Parenting (National Institute of Child Health & Human Development)
- Sample Child ID Kit (Klaas Kids Foundation)
- Poison and Prevention Information by Age (National Capital Poison Center)
- Poisonous Plant Card (National Capital Poison Center)
- Child Passenger Safety (National Highway Traffic Safety Administration)
- Child Safety Seat Laws:
- Additional information (Virginia Department of Health)
- DC (Metropolitan Police Department)
- Maryland (Maryland Department of Transportation)
- Summary of all child safety seats laws in the U.S. (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
These websites were compiled by Human Resources & Payroll for resource and referral use only. Mason does not recommend or endorse any company or organization listed.