Administrative Professionals Certificate Program
The Administrative Professionals Certificate Program (APCP) is for all Mason employees who are in administrative support roles or who want to learn ways to make their job more productive, efficient, and enjoyable. This program also gives participants who are new to the Mason community a chance to build a network of professional resources. The APCP can also help Mason employees who are already in administrative positions and are looking to improve their skills, strengthen their resumes, or transition into new positions. Participants will gain insight into Mason's administrative procedures and receive a certificate at the end of the program.
Participants will learn a variety of skills in areas such as:
• Office Support
• Telephone Skills
• Human Resources
To learn more about the program, the requirements, and to sign up, please register for an orientation meeting.
- Attend the first orientation meeting.
- Attend 4 of the 6 Mason Administrative Professionals (MAP) meetings or events offered in a calendar year (offered over the lunch hour).
- Take 6 one- to two-hour instructor-led classes listed on the class list (you will receive the list at the orientation meeting).
- Complete a mentor journal using five-minute mentoring.
- Complete a networking book of Mason connections.
- Attend the portfolio workshop and design and complete a portfolio detailing your APCP learning.