HR Liaisons Certificate Program
The HR Liaisons Certificate Program (HRLCP) is for HR Liaisons on all campuses who want to ensure they have the working knowledge of HR policies and procedures required to support their departments or units. Participants will meet and network with other HR Liaisons and subject matter experts on the HR & Payroll team, and, through instructor-led workshops and Quick Tips webinars, will learn the latest and most relevant HR & Payroll information.
Participants will select workshops based on their roles on topics such as (but not limited to):
- EPAFs and Banner HR personnel transactions
- Search Committees, from eWork to coordinating to interviewing to hiring
- The different HR & Payroll functions (Employee Relations, Benefits, etc)
- Managing timesheets and hours
To learn more about the program, the requirements, and to sign up, please register for an orientation meeting.
- Attend the first orientation session
- Complete a pre- and post-assessment
- Take 20 hours of instructor-led classes and/or on-demand recorded sessions (suggestions provided at orientation)
- Attend 10 thirty-minute Quick Tips webinars
- Complete 8 work products demonstrating your proficiency in an HR or Payroll-related system or procedure
- Share lessons and best practices at an HR Liaisons Certificate Program Workshop
Work products should provide evidence of proficiency in a system or procedure. These should be things you are already doing in your role as HR Liaison, not make-work projects. Ideally you will learn something in a class or a conversation with an HR/Payroll employee and then apply it at work.
- A completed (applied by HR) EPAF
- A screen shot of a closed search (or other screen) in eWork
- A revised or newly written EWP
- Requests for reward and recognition items
- Updated on boarding checklists
- Initiates to improve timesheet completion or approval rates and/or accuracy
- Communications about HR policies or information, such as emails to your department about holiday timesheet guidance, benefits open enrollment, etc.
- Search committee correspondence or paperwork
If you are not sure if something would qualify as a work product, please reach out to Robyn at email@example.com.
Documents and Resources
The contract, class listing, and other resources for the HRLCP are located in the HRLCP Organization in the myMason portal. Those who attend the orientation session are given access to the organization. Please contact Robyn Madar at 3-4180 or firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or for more information.