Additional Winter Wellness Flu Shot Clinics
Additional Flu Shot Appointments Available Now
Due to the high demand, we have added additional flu shot appointment slots to our three flu shot clinics.
Register now using the links below to reserve your flu shot appointment at a Winter Wellness Flu Shot Clinic (pdf):
- Fairfax Campus: Oct. 14, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., in the Johnson Center, Dewberry Hall
- SciTech Campus: Oct. 19, noon to 1 p.m. in Colgan Hall, Room 110H
- Arlington Campus: Oct. 26, noon to 1 p.m. in Van Metre 210
Missed the Mason Flu Shot Clinics? You Can Still Get Your Flu Shot!
If you missed the sign-ups for the fall flu shot clinics, it’s not too late to get your vaccine.
COVA Care, COVA HealthAware, and COVA HDHP
Get your free flu shot at your local drug store or doctor’s office. Just show a photo ID and your COVA Care, COVA HealthAware, or COVA HDHP plan ID card to the participating pharmacist or provider to get flu shots at no cost for you and covered family members!
Employees with Kaiser Permanente insurance can refer to the Kaiser flyer (pdf) or use the KP online search tool to find the closest in-network location to receive a free flu shot. From October 1, 2021, to March 31, 2022, Kaiser Permanente members can also get a flu shot at no additional cost from many retail pharmacies. Find out more on their website.
How to Prepare for the Flu Shot Clinic
- Register now to reserve your flu shot appointment at the links above
- Flu shots are by appointment only – no walk-ins will be accepted to allow us to practice university social distancing guidelines
- On the day of, please come prepared to show a green GMU Covid Health Check
- Bring the pharmacy's consent form (pdf)
- Bring your insurance card
- Bring a valid form of ID
- We recommend wearing short sleeves
- Plan to spend 10-15 minutes at the clinic after your shot to ensure there is no adverse reaction
Who Is Administering the Flu Shots?
Flu Shots are administered by Giant Pharmacy.
Is There a Copay?
There is no copay with COVA insurance.
What About Kaiser?
Kaiser Permanente will not be on campus this year for the flu shot clinics. Employees with Kaiser Permanente insurance can refer to their flyer (pdf) or search online to find the closest in-network location to receive a flu shot.
The flu shot clinics will follow all COVID-19 safety and social distancing protocols.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.