Human Resources and Payroll

Exit Process


Retirement Plans (VRS, ORP)

If you are a Virginia Retirement System (VRS) participant, you have three options. You may request a refund, you may do a direct rollover to a qualified plan, or you may laeve the funds in VRS until you are eligible for retirement. Upon receipt of your letter of resignation, your HR generalist will send you an exit packet which will include an election form for this purpose. For more information or to obtain a copy of this form, please visit the Virginia Retirement website.

If you are a faculty member enrolled in an Optional Retirement Plan (ORP), you need to contact your ORP vendor directly to disscuss distribution or rollover options. TIAA can be contacted at (800) 842-2252, Fidelity Investments is at (800) 544-6666.