Flexible Spending Account (FSA) Deadlines
If you have a Dependent Care and/or a Medical Flexible Spending Account (FSA), below are important deadlines:
Health Care Reimbursement Account
- Incur your eligible expenses by June 30, 2021, in order to be reimbursed for the 2020-2021 plan year.
- Submit your claims or verify your outstanding card transactions by September 30, 2021. Any amount not reimbursed by that date will be forfeited.
- Send PayFlex the required documentation for medical expenses by September 30, 2021. If documentation is not received on time, you may be taxed on the unresolved amount.
Please note that DHRM has not extended a grace period for the Health Care Reimbursement Account. Eligible expenses must be incurred by June 30, 2021.
Dependent Care Reimbursement Account
- The State added a Grace period to the 2020-2021 DCARE plan year which extends the period to incur claims until October 31, 2021. We previously notified you of this grace period in an email sent on April 21, 2021.
- You must be enrolled in the DCARE plan on June 30, 2021, with a balance remaining to be eligible. If you are not enrolled in the DCARE plan on this date, the grace period does not apply to you and you have until three months from the end of your coverage period to submit reimbursement requests.
- If eligible, any claims incurred from 7/1/2021 – 10/31/2021 are eligible for grace period extension.
- All eligible grace period claims must be received by PayFlex by November 30, 2021. You may obtain claim forms by contacting PayFlex at 855-516-8595, or www.payflex.com.
Review the State prepared Health Benefits E-NEWS carefully for additional information about the grace period or contact PayFlex.
Any questions about the Flexible Spending Accounts can be directed to PayFlex or by calling 855-516-8595.