Organizational development is the process we use to focus on strengthening Mason's capabilities through the alignment of strategy, structure, people, rewards, metrics, and management. This approach aims to improve organizational performance through problem-solving.
The Organizational Development and Learning (ODL) team currently offers the following services:
- Team needs analysis
- Collaborative design process
- Strategic planning support
- Change management initiatives
- Team-building activities
- Quantitative and qualitative data collection
- Coaching services, including referrals to external executive coaches
- Road-mapping and action planning
- Wellness interventions and exercises
- Intergroup relations interventions
Our team members are trained in a number of assessments and learning interventions, including:
- Gallup Strengths Coaching
- Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI)
- Crucial Conversations
We use these initiatives as part of the coaching process and work to broaden leadership competencies across the university. Additionally, we seek to foster and grow a coaching culture at Mason through our developmental workplace coaching program and partnership with executive coaches in Mason’s community.
This page will be expanded in the near future to provide more information about our work. In the meantime, reach out to us!