PageUp: Position Management and Applicant Tracking System
Position Description (PD) Initiator Training
This training walks through the position description creation/editing process as well as associated approvals (including funding approval).
Position Description (PD) Approver Training
This training walks through the position description approval process.
Recruitment Initiator Training
This two-part training is designed to walk through job posting processes including advertising, evaluating candidates, search committee functions, extending job offers, and associated approvals.
Register for this two-part training in MasonLEAPS. Training will be recorded for those who are unable to attend. Completion of this training is required to gain access to the Recruitment module; please send your certificate of completion to PageUp User Access Assistance.
Our team is committed to finding the best ways to support faculty and staff. We've identified moving to the PageUp system as a way to streamline the overall hiring process and reduce duplicated efforts.
The new system was implemented in late spring 2023. Phase 1 focused on implementing PageUp's position description module, while Phase 2 focuses on the recruitment module.
To help you plan, please be aware of the following dates:
- March 27: First day of training on the new position description module.
- April 3: PageUp's position description module was launched. Users were granted access upon completion of training and could begin submitting position descriptions in PageUp.
- September 26: First day of training on the new recruitment module.
- October 2: Last day to post external jobs through eWork (PeopleAdmin).
- October 6: Last day to post internal jobs through eWork.
- October 16: PageUp replaces eWork.
Changes and New Features
This new streamlined system will:
- Integrate with Banner for position/organization numbers, budgeting information, etc.
- Streamline the process between HR and the Office of Strategic Budgeting & Planning
- Simplify the applicant experience
- Have an updated look and feel
- Replace the former position management system
In the same system, job initiators and HR Liaisons will be able to:
- Create, update, and maintain department position descriptions
- Use existing position descriptions for job postings
- Monitor open positions
- Manage applicant pools
- Schedule interviews using direct integration with their Microsoft Outlook calendars
This end-to-end solution provides several strategic improvements:
- Process simplification – eliminates the need for a position maintenance form (PMF) and replaces the former position management system
- Data/metrics accessible at the unit level, enabling tracking of time-to-fill and other metrics
- Enhanced advertising model to help attract top talent
- Increased efficiencies, including same-day job posting
- Addresses compliance and recordkeeping gaps
How Do I Access PageUp?
Will I lose access to eWork/PeopleAdmin?
You will retain access to eWork/PeopleAdmin through December 31, 2023. Beginning in 2024, the system will be available in a read-only state.
What if my department has a critical job posting come up after the internal and/or external job posting deadline? Should I wait to post it in PageUp?
Preferably yes, but we know timelines don’t always align. Please reach out to Talent Acquisition at firstname.lastname@example.org to work through needs that may arise between the deadline and Monday, October 16.
How will evergreen job postings be affected?
All evergreen job postings (also known as continuous recruitment) will need to be added into PageUp manually.
How will hiring procedures for administrative/professional (A/P) faculty be affected?
With the implementation of PageUp's recruitment module, all administrative/professional faculty hiring proposals will be created and offers extended through the Request Tracking System (RTS) – Faculty Hiring Proposal workflow (rts.gmu.edu). Training on this process will be forthcoming.