Online Performance Management Process for Select A/P Faculty Members
Please follow the performance evaluation guidance you received directly in your email. Different employee types follow different guidance. This memo serves as a reference if you received this guidance in your email.
The online performance management process for select groups of administrative/professional (a/p) faculty will open in MasonLEAPS on Monday, July 26, 2021. Last year, select groups of a/p faculty members transitioned to this online procedure that electronically documents and streamlines the workflow process between employees, supervisors, and Human Resources (HR) and Payroll. This year, more a/p faculty members are joining this online procedure including a/p faculty members in University Life and University Advancement and Alumni Relations.
Select a/p faculty members will complete the performance review process online this performance cycle. All others who are not specified as participants will use the current paper-based procedure for this performance cycle.
We will send the annual performance memo, which contains additional guidance, soon.
- All a/p faculty, hired before March 31, 2021, who work in a department or unit that reports directly to the Office of the Provost
- All a/p faculty, hired before March 31, 2021, who work in a department or unit that reports indirectly to the Office of the Provost
- Supervisors of a/p faculty in the above groups
Participating supervisors will submit performance evaluations based on employee performance between July 1, 2020, and June 30, 2021.
Participating supervisors and a/p faculty members are encouraged to follow the suggested due dates sent directly via email. However, MasonLEAPS will accept late submissions until the Thanksgiving Observance holiday on November 24, 2021.
Performance Evaluation Initiation
All participants will receive an email from MasonLEAPS inviting them to begin their section of the performance evaluation process.
The below resources are available to help participants transition to this online tool. Training sessions will soon be available to support supervisors and employees with best practices for performance feedback and conversations.
- Visit the Performance Evaluation hub for additional information
- Review the Online Performance Management User Guide (MasonLEAPS)
- Review the General Navigation video
- Review the How to add a Co-planner video
- Review the How to Re-open a Step video
- Job aids are available for your convenience in MasonLEAPS
- If you have questions, please contact email@example.com or 703-993-2600