Preliminary Information for Proposed Performance Increase
In preparation for the Commonwealth’s proposed performance increase, we would like to share some preliminary information. Please share this information with the supervisors in your unit:
- Classified staff and administrative/professional (A/P) faculty hired on or before March 10, 2021, are anticipated to be eligible for the increase
- An annual or interim evaluation MUST be received by Human Resources and Payroll for eligible employees with a rating of “Contributor” or higher no later than May 10, 2021
- The Classification and Compensation team is in the process of working with each unit for missing performance evaluations
Expected Effective Date
- For 12-month classified staff, A/P faculty, and instructional/research (I/R) faculty, the expected effective date for the increase is June 10, 2021
- For 9-month faculty, the expected effective date is August 25, 2021
Quarterly Review and Other Salary Increases
- In anticipation of the proposed annual performance increase, the Quarterly Review Process has been suspended and no further requested increases will be approved for May 25, 2021 or later effective dates
- All contractually agreed-upon performance increases or bonus paperwork with future effective dates should be submitted to HR & Payroll no later than May 10, 2021
- Counteroffers and competitive promotions are the only exceptions that will be considered during the Quarterly Review Process suspension
We will continue to share information as soon as the details are available from the Department of Human Resource Management (DHRM).
If you have any questions, please contact HR & Payroll at email@example.com or 703-993-2600.