Student Loan Repayment Information Session for University Employees
Join Shannon Osborne, Assistant Director of Financial Well-Being of the SSAC, in partnership with Human Resources and Payroll virtually on Tuesday, September 28 from 12 - 1 p.m. for an informational session to discuss:
- Student loan repayment
- Being prepared for when the COVID-19 deferment on student loan payments expires at the end of January 2022
- How COVID-19 has impacted student loan repayments
- Navigating and setting up your student loan repayments
- Federal direct student loan repayments
- Private loans and Perkins loans
- Loan forgiveness options and Public Service Loan Forgiveness
- How to set up an income-driven repayment plan
- How your employment at George Mason University can qualify for Public Service Loan Forgiveness and how to navigate this setup
Attendees will end the session with the confidence and the ability to get started, or continue, on a path to successful student loan repayments.
This session is open to ALL Mason university faculty and staff. You do not need student loan debt yourself to attend this session as it is also important to understand what Mason students face with repayment.
Visit the Student Support and Advocacy Center Financial Well-Being team’s Money Talks Series page in advance to register.