Job Seeker Outreach Information
Talent Acquisition's Outreach and Compliance Team supports the University’s diversity initiatives and community engagement. The Outreach and Compliance Team assists Mason in creating a healthy and inclusive campus environment and culture. Whether we are fostering meaningful conversation around recruitment, expanding perceptions and increasing awareness around applicant pools, encouraging affirmative action and equal opportunity, or creating community partnership, diversity outreach is at the core of everything we do. The Outreach and Compliance Team provides guidance to hiring authorities, search committees and others involved in the recruitment process, on recruitment strategies that are needed to advance diversity and inclusion in our employee population. Our commitment to inclusion does not stop at hiring employees with unique backgrounds and differing beliefs. We work hard on creating an environment that supports all employees to advance recruitment, inclusiveness and retention.
At Mason, we believe that a diversity of opinions, cultures, and perspectives is what provides vibrancy to an academic community, and we are committed to the concept and practice of equal opportunity and affirmative action. George Mason University is named Virginia’s largest and most diverse public research university, and is ranked 15th nationally in ethnic diversity.
Mason Soars in National Rankings
Highlights and Rankings
Research and Academic Initiatives
- Mason Libraries selected to participate in Hampton University’s Leading the Charge grant to support diverse recruitment and retention within the field of library/information science – Read More
- Mason researchers partner with Indigenous nations to promote environmental resilience – Read More
- George Mason University, UMD presidents launch research initiative to stem gun violence – Read More
- Students embrace diverse workforce through Global Engagement Scholar Program – Read More
Mason in the Rankings
- #1 public university in the nation for veterans; #2 among for nontraditional students – Read More
- Online programs in education and engineering rank in the top 20 nationwide – Read More
- One of the best workplaces for Northern Virginia/DC commuters – Read More
- 5 out of 5 stars on the Campus Pride Index – Read More
Read about more of George Mason University's rankings here.