Annual Performance Evaluation Guidance for Mason Korea Employees
The transformation of Mason Korea’s performance management process begins with the upcoming annual performance evaluation in 2024. We are moving away from BambooHR to the new evaluation process to better align Mason Korea with Mason’s other campuses. Additionally, the Mason evaluation process is more robust than Bamboo's and offers flexibility Mason Korea can leverage to provide its community with industry-leading performance tools.
2024 Performance Evaluations
- All non-teaching employees hired before October 31, 2023
- Supervisors and indirect managers (reviewers)
What Employees and Supervisors Need to Know
- The next performance period to be evaluated is February 1, 2023 – January 31, 2024. The evaluation process is expected to launch in December 2023.
- Employees are encouraged to review Performance Management at Mason: An Overview for Mason Korea Staff (pdf).
- Self-evaluations are required.
- All subsequent steps will become available upon completion of the prior step (i.e., the supervisor evaluation step will open as soon as the self-evaluation is submitted).
- The indirect manager (reviewer) will receive the evaluation once it has been submitted by the supervisor.
- Supervisors must hold one-on-one meetings with employees prior to completing the supervisor sign-off step to provide feedback, answer questions, or address items noted by the employee.
- Employees will be able to see their completed evaluation in MasonLEAPS after the supervisor sign-off step is completed.
- All steps must be completed by 11:59 p.m. on February 20, 2024.
Anticipated Due Dates
Participating employees and their supervisors are expected to adhere to the due dates below and communicate with their supervisors and the Performance Management team (firstname.lastname@example.org) if they are unable to comply with the published deadlines.
|Reviewer Review &
|1:1 Performance Evaluation Meeting
|2/5 – 2/15/2024
*The employee self-evaluation step can be reopened by the supervisor.
**The supervisor evaluation step can be reopened by contacting email@example.com.
Performance Evaluation Initiation
All participants will receive an email from MasonLEAPS inviting them to begin the performance evaluation process by completing their self-evaluation. Email notifications and reminders are sent automatically at each step in the process. We recommend that a copy of the self-evaluation and the supervisor evaluation be saved before each step is submitted.
HR allows certain exemptions to the published annual performance evaluation process due to extenuating circumstances. Please email these requests to firstname.lastname@example.org.