VRS Members: Be Alert for Unsolicited Retirement Counseling Services
From time to time, VRS receives reports from members and employers that various companies or groups have contacted them via email or phone to offer retirement counseling services or insurance products.
Please be aware:
- VRS does not use unsolicited calls to contact members to offer services.
- VRS does not sell services. All benefit counseling is free to members and retirees.
- Correspondence from VRS will arrive by U.S. mail on official letterhead.
- Emails from VRS will be sent from a varetire.org address and include the VRS logo and copyright.
- VRS staff do not come to members’ homes to discuss benefits.
💡 See the VRS Security Center for tips on fraud prevention and online safety.