Work Anniversary Recognition Program
Recognizing your team members' work anniversaries is a great way to show your appreciation for their contributions. The Faculty and Staff Engagement Team encourages supervisors to make a habit of recognizing their employees' work anniversaries—here are some suggestions!
- Reach out to congratulate employees individually, and thank them for their service and contributions to Mason.
- Host a team celebration.
- Congratulate employees and highlight their achievements in a team/department email.
- Consider nominating employees for Employee of the Month, using the gift card program, or recognizing outstanding contributions with an Impact Award.
To find out your team members' hire dates, refer to this job aid or contact your department's HR Liaison.
About the Program
To support your efforts, the Faculty and Staff Engagement Team is launching a work anniversary recognition program in July 2023. The program will focus on two forms of recognition:
- Yearly work anniversaries will be recognized by Human Resources with individual appreciation emails and a video message for all faculty, classified staff, and wage employees.
- 1- and 3-year milestones in Mason and/or state service will be recognized with a certificate from Human Resources. This initiative includes full-time classified staff, A/P faculty, and I/R faculty.
- 5-year milestones (5, 10, 15, etc. years of service) will continue to be recognized during University Green and Gold days. This initiative includes full-time classified staff, A/P faculty, and I/R faculty. Mark your calendar for the 2023 celebration dates!
The Faculty and Staff Engagement Team welcomes questions, suggestions, and requests for ideas about how to celebrate work anniversaries. Please direct all inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.