Posted September 26, 2016
Timesheet Guidance for the Dedication of the Antonin Scalia Law School, October 6
For timekeeping purposes, please keep the following in mind:
• The event is by invitation only. Because this is a University-run event, attendance is considered work time. No leave needs to be taken for October 6 by event attendees.
• If you need to cover classes or administrative offices after 3:00 pm on October 6, please discuss with your team and supervisor/department head.
• Supervisors are encouraged to discuss informal flexible work options (no formal agreement needed), as appropriate, with all Arlington Campus employees who do not attend the event.
• The Metropolitan Building will remain open on October 6; employees there should report to work unless they have made arrangements with their supervisor, as appropriate, to work from an alternate location.
• Founders Hall and Hazel Hall employees whose positions are not compatible with working from an alternate location on October 6 will receive up to 8 hours of University Leave to cover that portion of their workday when Founders and Hazel Halls are closed. This means that you may need to use appropriate leave or alter your schedule the week of October 3 to account for your total work hours.
• Employees on compressed schedules who cannot work at an alternate location and for whom Thursday is a scheduled work day, will receive up to 8 hours of University Leave and will need to cover the remaining hours of their compressed work day by working or taking appropriate leave (e.g. annual, family/personal, recognition, or overtime leave) in the same work week.
Posted September 14, 2016
Deadline Extended to 9/30: Non-Exempt Employees Can Choose Leave or Pay for Their Overtime Hours
If as a non-exempt employee, you made an election in the past and do not want to change your election, you do not have to do anything. If you want to continue to receive pay for any overtime earned, you also do not have to complete a form. However, if you would like to change your election from receiving pay to receiving leave or receiving leave to receiving pay, please complete an Overtime Leave Agreement Form and submit it to the Payroll Department no later than Friday, September 30.
Unfortunately this deadline is firm and we cannot accept forms after that date.
Please remember that an election commits you to your choice for one year until the next open enrollment period. This means that if you elect leave accumulation you will receive leave and not pay for any overtime worked during the next academic year.
Please contact Catalina Wheat at 3.2751 if you have any questions.
Posted September 1, 2016
Welcome Back Newsletter
Posted September 1, 2016
Save the Dates: Winter Wellness Days Flu Shot Clinics
Posted November 3, 2015
IRS Limits for 2016
Can't find something you remember seeing in this space? Check out our recent announcements
|Mason is a proud member of|
SPOTLIGHT ON MASON
- Forms and Materials
- Employee Self Service (Patriotweb)
- EPAFs (Electronic Personnel Action Form)
- Instant Archives
- Handbooks & Policies
- Workers' Comp
- Staff Listing
- FAQs: Frequently requested items including:
- Inclement Weather Policy and FAQs
Careers at Mason
Review all the tools to hire here at Mason.
A resource for supervisors to help get the most out of their unit.
Request HR data, get discount codes, and manage your HR workshops & classes.
Department Chair Site
Whether you are a new or experienced department chair, you will find helpful information on this website.