Flexible Work Policies
Commonwealth of Virginia Policies
- The FLSA can come into play regarding compressed schedules and non-exempt (overtime-eligible) employees. If a non-exempt employee works a compressed schedule, they cannot work more than 40 hours in one week without incurring overtime.
- The FMLA entitles eligible employees of covered employers to take unpaid, job-protected leave for specified family and medical reasons with continuation of group health insurance coverage under the same terms and conditions as if the employee had not taken leave.
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions about FMLA.
- The university provides reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities (upon request) to ensure equal access and opportunity for Mason employees.
- For more information, please visit Mason's employee accommodations page.